Value-A-Thon is a competition inspired in Hackathons.
Participants dividided in teams have the goal of preparing and presenting an investment case of a company listed at Bovespa, taking into consideration in their analysis both quantitative and qualitative aspects of the company.
Teams have a few weeks to study the company and to prepare material that includes a report, a DCF model, and a final presentation. In the final competition event, each team has 20 min. to pitch its investment case to a judging panel.
All participants get a participation certificate and the winners get an award.
"Value-A-Thon 1H17" Schedule:
1. Online Course (Jan/17): sabraacademy.edools.com
(All participants have free access to the online course.)
Introduction: Value Investing Philosphy
Chapter I: How to Value a Company
Chapter II: Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) Model
Chapter III: Financial Ratios
Chapter IV: Basic Notions of Accounting
Chapter V: DCF Model @ Excel
2. Snapshot of the Company (Jan/17)
3. Qualitative Analysis of the Company (Fev/17)
4. Quantitative Analysis of the Company - DCF Model (Feb/17)
5. "Value-A-Thon 1H17": Investment Cases Pitches (Mar/17)
Information e Registration in Future Events: